Sunday, September 30, 2012

Writing From a Word

"Kittens"


So cute, so tiny, so delicate. I miss staying up late at night, snuggling with a little furry feline. 


I've had several kittens in the past, and they all end up being taken away from me, for different reasons. It broke my heart every time. I just miss coming home, stepping on my porch, and noticing that there is a beautiful little fur ball waiting for me at the window. I miss watching my kitty go berserk when I shake the can of cat food. I miss having it fall asleep in my arms on long nights. 


One of the kittens I had was particularly strange. He would wake me up every morning, but not by meowing or scratching the door.. He would sit on my head. I'd be woken up by the lack of oxygen and a weird feeling of having a furry face.


I remember how funny it was to watch my mother run away from something so tiny. She'd climb random things, and occasionally lock the poor kitten in the bathroom. 

She'd never let me get another one, she doesn't want to take the chance of giving me another responsibility. I can barely handle my two parakeets.

But caring for a parakeet is not the same. With a kitten, I feel like I'm caring for my own child..a feeling that made me warm and fuzzy inside.

 Oh how I miss all of my kittens.




 I sound like a crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment