Sunday, September 23, 2012

Finding Perfection

A green blanket of lively trees hover over the grass beneath me. It creates a wave of shade, with patches of sun creeping up at me. I can feel the cool, crisp air sail through my pores and provide me with surreal relaxation. 
I look up, and there it is.
It's not a building. It's a masterpiece.
It stands tall and firm, wearing light brown bricks and a smile.
It's beauty flows through the air, blending with the wind. I hear leaves. They're dancing. Dancing to the beat of beauty.

Then I look to my left. 
My ears surprise me with the sound of zipping engines.
My eyes betray me with the sight of a polluted atmosphere.
My nose punishes me with the smell of gasoline,
and my thoughts fill me with a feeling of despair.

The busy street is attracting the attention of curious human souls, but I will not fall victim. 
I will not let the beauty of nature stand overlooked. 
I quickly drift my senses back to where they belong. I cancel out all of the excess noise, and focus on the sound of silence. This is where perfection lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment